The 1952 documentary “This is Cinerama” directed by Robert L. Bendick and narrated by Lowell Thomas is coming to Blu-ray Disc in a “60th Anniversary Edition” on September 25th via Flicker Alley. There’s no specific info yet regarding tech specs but stay tuned. It is know that it will be presented in a curved screen “SmileBox” simulation. This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD of the film also included. The title is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $35.96 price tag which you can expect to drop as that’s only four dollars off of the SRP (suggested retail price). It’s also available to pre-order on Flicker Alley‘s official website with a $29.96 price tag. Below you’ll find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the release.
- Audio commentary track – With John Sittig (Cinerama, Inc.), Dave Strohmaier (Cinerama Historian), Randy Gitsch (Locations background), and Jim Morrison (original crew member).
- Remastering A Widescreen Classic – 19 minutes / Before and after demonstrations on the film’s remastering process.
- The THIS IS CINERAMA “Breakdown Reel” – B&W / 9 minutes – Footage originally projected interstitially during the interruptions of any Cinerama performance.
- Alternate Act II European Opening – Color / 2 minutes
- Fred Waller Radio Interview – 15 minutes / A slideshow featuring an original 1952 radio interview with Fred Waller on the eve of opening night.
- THIS IS CINERAMA Trailer – 3 minutes / A new recreation in HD of the film’s trailer.
- TV Spots – THIS IS CINERAMA and 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD – One minute each.
- Tribute to New Neon Movies – 15 minutes / A short film celebrating the Cinerama revival in Dayton, OH from 1996 to 1999, where a local projectionist set up Cinerama for special screenings to people from all over the country.
- Tribute to New Cooper Theatre – 4 minutes / Remembering the first Super Cinerama in Denver, CO.
- THIS IS CINERAMA Behind The Scenes Slideshow – 6 minutes / Featuring images from the production and original exhibition of the film.
- Promotion and Publicity Image Gallery
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for the film.