Tags: BD-Live, Coen Brothers, David Huddleston, Digital Copy, Ethan Coen, Jeff Bridges, Joel Coen, John Goodman, John Turturro, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Pocket Blu, Steve Buscemi, Tara Reid, The Coen Brothers, U-Control, Universal
Universal officially has plans to bring the 1998 Coen Brothers (Joel Coen & Ethan Coen) written & directed film “The Big Lebowski” starring Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Juliane Moore to Blu-ray Disc in a booklet style packaging on August 16th. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p Hi-Def video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $20.99 price tag. The bonus materials set to be included on this release are listed below.
- An all-new 28-page companion book featuring an exclusive interview with Jeff Dowd – the real-life inspiration for The Dude – Jeff Bridges’ personal, on-set photography, a film timeline, trivia and much more.
- Digital Copy of The Big Lebowski (expires 12/31/2012)
- U-Control: Scene Companion — Watch cast and crew interviews, behind the scenes footage and more during key scenes with this picture-in-picture companion.
- U-Control: Mark It, Dude — This onscreen counter really ties the film together. Keep track of all the “F-Bombs,” “Dudes,” and “Dude-isms” in the film with this ultimate fan guide.
- U-Control: The Music of The Big Lebowski — Instantly identify the songs heard while watching the film, create a custom playlist of your favorites and even purchase them from iTunes®!
- Worthy Adversaries: What’s My Line Trivia — Test your Lebowski knowledge by finishing lines of dialogue during the film. Play as Walter or The Dude or in two-player mode against friends.
- My Scenes
- Pocket BLU App
- uHEAR™: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray™ disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
- The Dude’s Life — Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and John Turturro take a look back at their performances and their delivery of the Coen Brothers’ dialogue that became classic movie lines.
- The Dude Abides: The Big Lebowski Ten Years Later — A freewheeling conversation with the cast about the film’s decade-long reign as a cult classic, including a discussion about what ever happened to the “little Lebowski” that the Dude and Maude made that fateful night!
- Making of The Big Lebowski — A behind the scenes look featuring interviews with the Coen Brothers.
- The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever’s Story — An in-depth look at the popular Lebowski Festival, formed by the legion of fans in honor of the film.
- Flying Carpets and Bowling Pin Dreams: The Dream Sequences of The Dude — From aerial flights over Los Angeles with his bowling ball chasing Maude on a flying carpet, to the large scale “Busby Berkley” dance sequences as The Dude goes flying through the legs of all the bowling pin headed dancers, this piece examines how these “ahead of their time” scenes were constructed.
- Interactive Map — Take a tour of the locations of The Big Lebowski, then and now.
- Photo Gallery — Slideshow of Jeff Bridges’ on-set photography.
- Jeff Bridges Photo Book — For more than 30 years, Jeff Bridges has been snapping pictures on movie sets. The accomplished photographer presents exclusive shots taken on the set of The Big Lebowski providing personal commentary on each photo.
- An Introduction — Featuring Mortimer Young, a practitioner of “non-uptight” film preservation. His restoration of the famous “toe scene” will blow your mind.