Tags: 3D, Andrew Stanton, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, Bryan Cranston, Ciaran Hinds, Daryl Sabara, Disney, Disney Second Screen, Dominic West, James Purefoy, John Carter of Mars, Lynn Collins, Mark Strong, Polly Walker, Samantha Morton, Taylor Kitsch, Thomas Hayden Church, Willem Dafoe
In an early alert to retailers Disney has made public their plans to bring the 2012 Andrew Stanton directed film “John Carter” starring Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins and Willem Dafoe to both Blu-ray Disc (in 2D) and Blu-ray 3D on June 5th. Both version are already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with the Blu-ray carrying a $35.99 price tag and the Blu-ray 3D carrying a $34.99 price tag — ironically. The Blu-ray will be a 2-disc “combo pack” with the DVD included while the Blu-ray 3D will be a 4-disc “combo pack” with both the Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of the film included.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include full 1080p Hi-Def video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Disney Second Screen – Explore John Carter’s journal with this innovative in- world experience and uncover a trove of fascinating details that extend the mythology of the movie. [Blu-ray EXCLUSIVE]
- 360 Degrees of John Carter – Experience every aspect of the filmmaking process on one of the movie’s biggest production days. [Blu-ray EXCLUSIVE]
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director, Andrew Stanton Barsoom Bloopers [Blu-ray EXCLUSIVE]
- 100 Years In The Making – Follow the journey of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ story, from its origins as a pulp novel to its arrival onscreen
- Audio Commentary with Filmmakers
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for the film.