Tags: Back to the Future, BD-Live, Billy Zane, Bob Gale, BTTF.com, Casey Siemaszko, Christopher Llyod, Claudia Wells, Crispin Glover, Elisabeth Shue, Lea Thompson, Marc McClure, Mary Steenburgen, Michael J. Fox, Pocket Blu, Robert Zemeckis, Thomas F. Wilson, Universal, Wendie Jo Sperber
Our friends over at BTTF.com have just posted an article confirming that Universal is bringing the “Back to the Future” trilogy box set to Blu-ray Disc on October 26th. Producer Bob Gale even gave them his thoughts on the Hi-Def transfers which he had great praise. Tech specs include full 1080p Hi-Def video in the 1.85:1 aspect and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio for each of the three films. It should be really obvious but I’ll state this anyway. This release includes all three films “Back to the Future” (1985), “Back to the Future II” (1989) and “Back to the Future III” (1990).
UPDATE: The official website for the movie now has the news posted on the front (entrance) and has mention to come back soon for the 25th Anniversary trailer. Universal has decided to include a Digital Copy of each of the three films in this release. Also the title is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $55.99 price tag.
Thanks to Universal’s PRESS RELEASE we do have a list of bonus materials set to be included which are listed below.
- U-Control (BD-exclusive):
– Setups & Payoffs: As you watch each of the three films, each “set up” showcases items in the scene that prepare you for a future plot point. When you get to that moment in the film, the “payoff” is shown to complete the correlation.
– Storyboard Comparison: Compare key scenes in the movie with the original storyboards.
– Trivia Track: Get inside trivia and facts while you watch the movies
Q&A commentaries with director Robert Zemeckis and producer Bob Gale Feature commentaries with producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton Back to the Future Night: hosted by Leslie Nielson, this original 30-minute special aired on NBC prior to the first television screening of the Back to the Future (new, BD-exclusive) Tales from the Future: new six-part retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, plus Executive Producer Steven Spielberg
– In the Beginning…: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production.
– Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film.
– Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy.
– Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more.
– Third Time’s the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown’s love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy.
– The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film’s cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on.
The Physics of Back to the Future: A discussion with celebrity best-selling author and physicist Dr. Michio Kaku about the overall appreciation of the science in the Back to the Future Trilogy Nuclear test site ending storyboard sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film. Sixteen deleted scenes Michael J. Fox Q&A Archival featurettes:
– Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three: Original 2002 DVD documentary that takes a look back in time.
– The Making of Back to the Future Part I, II & III: Provides a vintage and historic first look at the making of all three films.
– The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy: a televised special hosted by Kirk Cameron addressing fans unanswered Back to the Future questions.
– Original makeup tests
– Production design
– Designing the DeLorean
– Designing time travel
– Hoverboard test
– Designing Hill Valley
– Designing the campaign
Back to the Future: The Ride Music Videos:
– Huey Lewis and the News “Power of Love”
– ZZ Top “DoubleBack”
Photo galleries, including production art, additional storyboards, photographs, marketing materials and character portraits Theatrical trailers BD-Live
– My Scenes
– pocket BLU: USHE’s pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Windows and Macintosh computers and more to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player and offers advanced features