Tags: Brad Dourif, Bree Seanna Wall, David Milch, Dayton Callie, HBO, Ian McShane, Jeffrey Jones, Jim Beaver, John Hawkes, Kim Dickens, Leon Rippy, Molly Parker, Paula Malcomson, Robin Weigert, Sean Bridgers, Timothy Olyphant, W. Earl Brown, Warner, William Sanderson
As stated in HBO‘s monthly (August) newsletter, “Deadwood: The Complete Series” is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 23rd. The series includes three seasons, with twelve episodes per season. Tech specs include full 1080p High Definition video and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. As stated in the newsletter, this release will carry a MSRP $209.98 price tag but it is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, stay tuned.
UPDATE: This title is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $146.99 price tag. Also, a PRESS RELEASE was just issued by HBO that gives some details regarding the release and most importantly the bonus materials set to be included. This is listed below.
Boxed in beautiful collectible casing, the 13-disc ultimate BD set is presented in HD 1080p Full HD video and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, all for the suggested retail price of $209.98. The collection includes all 36 episodes of the series, plus a robust bonus disc packed with content that features an exclusive conversation with series creator David Milch on the conclusion of the series.
Deadwood: The Complete Series on Blu-ray includes all bonus content from previous season releases plus a bonus disc that contains over 4 hours of must-see content. Highlights include:
- “The Meaning of Endings” – creator David Milch’s discussion on what would have happened had the Deadwood series continued
- “The Real Deadwood: Out of the Ashes” – a behind-the-scenes historical featurette on the wildest town in the West
- “Q&A with Cast and Creative Team (Courtesy of the Paley Center for Media)” – a panel discussion filmed at The Paley Center for Media with creator David Milch, executive producer Gregg Fienberg, and actors John Hawkes, Anna Gunn, Paula Malcomson, Powers Booth, Robin Weigert, Molly Parker, Timothy Olyphant and Ian McShane
- “Deadwood 360 Tour” – a tour of the detailed and realistic sets and town streets created for Deadwood
- “Al Swearengen Audition Reel (as performed by Titus Welliver)” – watch Titus Welliver’s (“Silas Adams”) mock audition for the role of “Al Swearengen”