Tags: Art Stevens, Disney, Harrison Fahn, Jack Albertson, Jeff Foxworthy, Jim Kammerud, Jonah Bobo, Kurt Russell, Mickey Rooney, Patrick Swayze, Pearl Bailey, Reba McEntire, Richard Rich, Sandy Duncan, Stephen Root, Ted Berman, The Fox and the Hound, Vicki Lawrence
Disney has hinted about the upcoming release of it in the inserts of recent releases but we now know the release date thanks to an early alert to retailers (namely Amazon). On August 9th you’ll be able to get your hands on both “The Fox and the Hound” from 1981 and the sequel “The Fox and the Hound II” from 2006 in their Hi-Def debut via “The Fox and the Hound: 2 Movie Collection” Blu-ray Disc release. The tech specs for this include full 1080p Hi-Def in the 1.66:1 and 1.78:1 aspect ratios with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $27.99 price tag. We do know that the release will be a “combo pack” with the DVD also included of each film. UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “Unlikely Friends” — A Fun, Fascinating Collection Of Stories About Surprising Friendships Within The Wild Animal Kingdom
- Passing The Baton: The Making Of THE FOX AND THE HOUND Featurette
- “The Best Of Friends” Sing-Along Song
- The Making Of The Music — Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- “You Know I Will” Music Video Performed By Lucas Grabeel